Monday, August 29, 2011

Who's asking???

I have to admit I haven't thought much about cheese or fine foods most of the day today, I've been putting in hours with the real estate team I work with here in Chattanooga. Yes, this is the job I do to make money and the food business is my passion. I must admit this retail food passion has been uncovered late in life as I have spent all of my career helping others fulfill their dreams and never really giving much thought about my own dreams. I have worked in an office environment my entire career; facilitating and organizing those more creative than myself. To be perfectly honest, it is very hard to step outside the office comfort zone and move into retail food and to depend on my own creativity. However, I am determined to take this step; sink or swim, win or loose, this is the path I must follow until God says STOP!

I will confess I did think about fine foods today on my 80 minutes of commute time, when I wasn't praying and planning dinner; I am still formulating plans. Ideas are swirling around in this head faster than Marcus Dupree can return a punt! (I happen to watch a ESPN film on him this past weekend, so if you don't know who he is, catch the rerun!) Here's what I know so far...I will refine and re-define my business plan on Thursday and Friday of this week, however, you will not know the specifics until opening day! That's right my friends, you have to wait to know exactly what and who Irma James is! She is in the developing stages even as I write this blog; this is so much like giving birth! Each day there is new growth, but no one can see it, yet I know this unique individual is growing inside my brain! She will emerge after much pain, blood, sweat and tears.

Once again I want to encourage you to comment on my blog. I appreciate all the Facebook comments, however, don't miss this one blessed point: when you comment on a blog you can be anonymous. No one has to know who the commenter is! Feel free to ask questions; this is better than Dear Abby and I would love to help you plan a menu, select cheeses for your cheese course or appetizer,  help you choose a wine to go with your meal.  And you can be anonymous which is the coolest part...you see, too many times the 'food experts' make us feel stupid for asking questions or for not knowing what cheese goes with what wine???? Hey, I'm no 'food expert'; I'm a girl who has been in the kitchen since the age of five, cooking along side my sweet mother, feeding six hungry men (a very picky father and five brothers who would eat anything!) My mother, by the way, is now 87 years old and still cooking for those she loves. You have never been so blessed until Reba has cooked your favorite! Doesn't matter what your favorite food is, she will cook it and cook it good! I say all of that to say, talk to me....comment, ask questions, let me know what type foods you would like to see at a local fine food shop...and no one has to know whose asking!

2 comments:

  1. We have recently discovered the "feta/watermelon" salad and are addicted! Any recommended variations? Love the concept of your blog and store! We hope you do mail order! Can't wait to see it all unfold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mascarpone cheese...what can you use as a substitute for this cheese? I have looked all over for this cheese and I can't seem to find it anywhere! Is this something you may carry in your store?

    ReplyDelete