Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Back and There Again

Waking up on a cold, Florida morning in Granny (Irma) Smith's feather bed with the sound of country sausage and eggs sizzling in the kitchen and the smell of buttermilk biscuits browning in the oven; these are my first memories of food. This is where the passion was born, not a passion to eat but a passion to nourish those I love with the work of my hands. Now at the age of 59 years, I am embarking on a journey to develop this passion into a retail business. Yes, that's right, a business that will provide, not only a creative expression for myself but a monetary income for my family. I am on a journey to become a purveyor of fine foods and a cheese monger, one who cares for and sells cheese. A journey to turn this passion from feeding those I love into an entrepreneurial adventure of a life time! This is where the story of Irma James begins. My shop is named after Irma, my grandmother and Jamesanna, my great-grandmother; my heritage for food.


No comments:

Post a Comment